I am starting with $50 on an online poker site and will be keeping track of my progress in this blog. I have a set of guidelines that I will adhere to as listed below:
- I will start with $50 and begin at $4NL, 2c4c.
- I will only buy in on each table for 30 big blinds.
- I will use my basic strategy charts until I reach 20NL, then I will move up to the intermediate strategy until the challenge is over.
- I will secure a rakeback deal on the site I play on.
- I will strictly adhere to my bankroll management plan and will move down if I drop 10 buy-ins below the necessary amount for a level.
- I will play up to 2 stakes at a time during my sessions.
- I will play no more than 16 tables at once during my sessions.
- I will re-evaluate table conditions when I hit 40 big blinds.
- I will leave a table once I hit 45 big blinds.
- I will not cash out anything for the duration of the challenge.
- <$100: 4NL
- $100-$200: 10NL
- $200-$600: 20NL
- $600-$1,200: 50NL
The purpose of this challenge is to tweak and improve my short stacking charts and provide for the reader a real life example of how using proper bankroll management can turn a small amount of money into a substantial side income or possibly even a career.
Stay tuned for frequent updates!