My plan is to post monthly progress reports both here and on Youtube and to blog about anything that's on my mind as I progress. Below is a list of the guidelines I will follow as well some achievement targets I have in mind.
Bankroll Building Guidelines
- I will follow the 40 buy-in rule for moving up.
- I will move down if I drop 10 buy-ins in a level.
- I will buy-in for 30 big blinds.
- I will reassess table conditions at 45 big blinds and only continue on with good reason.
- I will not cash out for the entirety of the challenge.
- I will stagger my play between three sites.
Monthly Challenge Targets
- Play at least 10,000 hands per month.
- Play tilt-free poker.
- Post at least one Youtube video per week.
- Write at least one blog post per week.
Overall Challenge Target: Build a total bankroll of $10,000
My bankroll is currently spread fairly evenly over all three sites and stands at $1,105.88. I will be initially playing most of my volume at 20NL or 25NL.
And off we go.
I would say wish me luck, but in the immortal words of Kenny Lee, "Piss on luck!"
I am revising my challenge a bit. Since cash games are very sparse at 50NL and above on Carbon and Intertops, I am playing almost all of my cash game volume on Bovada. I am also switching my monthly goal to only 10,000 hands. I think this is a reasonable amount since Bovada only allows for a max of about 200 hands per hour. I almost will be putting in sporadic volume since I am now researching for a tournament book that I have began writing. I will be using my bankroll on Carbon and Intertops to play tournaments. I will of course stay active on the cash game side, I just am eager to get going on my next project.
My bankroll stands at $717 on Bovada. I will do weekly updates as time allows.
2/28/14- I basically achieved my Robusto challenge for the most part, having played as high as 400NL. I am now sidetracked playing on ACR, trying to make money with the Beast. I am officially calling the Robusto Challenge over for now.. although I am still striving to move up to high stakes in due time.