After the book was published, I began a bankroll building challenge around May 20th. By years end I became a regular as high as 200NL and had taken a shot at 400NL. I was only able to play sporadically as my busy schedule allowed.
I feel like I already accomplished my biggest goal, which is to prove that through simple and strategically sound play, a person can make a meaningful amount of money in his or her spare time. If you are reading this for the first time, check out my book, Automatic Poker, if you want to learn the strategy that I employ. I am confident that my book can turn anyone into a winning cash game player in a much shorter amount of time than has ever been possible before (with such a small investment.)
Going forward, I plan to continue my bankroll building challenge and shoot for 400NL and beyond by years end. Here is a list of goals for 2014.
2014 Goals and Targets:
- Work on increasing my volume with a goal of achieving 20k hands per month.
- Continue playing short, tilt-free "burst" sessions.
- Increase my "live" bankroll to 10k by years end (It currently stands at about $4,500)
- Work towards more balance between work and family life.
- Live a healthier lifestyle in 2014 and get in significantly better shape by 2015.
- Help others achieve their goals through free advice and coaching.